Dr. Patricia Allen
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Hours by appointment
Specialties: Addiction Medicine, Mental Health, Doctor of Nursing Practice, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, MAT Vivitrol Suboxone, Suboxone Waiver, Pharmacogenetics testing and interpretation for clients and families.
My passion is serving those with addiction and mental health concerns. I am fortunate to be part of a passionate team working to bring best practices and innovation to our clients. It doesn’t get any better than doing what you love.
The first half of my nursing career was in psychiatric mental health nursing. The second half led me to achieving my dream of becoming a nurse practitioner and earning my doctorate in nursing practice.
I teach mental health nursing and have the opportunity to share my passion with students and help them understand this deadly disease. I’m an active member of the International Nurses Society on Addiction, American Psychiatric Nurses Association, American Society of Addiction Medicine and the National League of Nursing.
My Educational background includes:
- Doctor of Nursing Practice: West Chester University
- Psychiatric Mental Nurse Practitioner, Board Certified: Drexel University
- Master of Science in Nursing: Villanova University
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing: Gwynedd-Mercy University
Some of my accomplishments and research includes:
- Developed, implemented and managed a research project demonstrating the value of pharmacogenetic testing in the treatment of addiction and co-occurring disorders.
- Disseminated research findings in professional conferences across the country. emphasizing the value of pharmacogenetics testing in enhancing engagement that supports recovery.
- Developed and implemented a clinical rotation for nursing students. This rotation allows future nurses to enhance knowledge of the disease of addiction. It is a transformational experience that they will carry into any facet of their nursing practice approaching the client with caring, understanding and hope.